Test Summary: An assessment aimed at measuring a candidate's proficiency regarding codes used for diseases according to the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM). It also assesses knowledge of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), as well as Medicare claims submission.
- Test Name: Healthcare Billing and Coding Test
- Job Level: Finance
- Test Publisher: SHL
- Uses: Assess a candidate's proficiency regarding the codes for diseases used according to the ICD-9-CM, CPT, and Medicare.
- Estimated Testing Time: 20 minute time limit (30 questions)
- Test Format: Multiple choice
- Ability to determine codes for diseases according to the ICD-9-CM